Thursday, May 6, 2010

HissyFit

What happens to us as adults is much different from what happens to children. We react a lot differently to things. Children often throw temper tantrums. We do occasionally, if we are being honest. They are just much more dramatic about it. I remember being seven years old and thinking it was the end of the world when I was not allowed to go across the street to play at Brittany’s house. I would literally sit in my room crying for an hour. I thought that my life could not get any worse than it was at that point. I would pitch a fit on a regular basis. Now that I am older, I realize that there are much more serious things than being forced to eat my green beans.
Most kids think that it is impossible for things to get worse in these situations. They are young though and have no idea how hard the world can be. Their family is all that they really know. They do not know the struggles that people face, so everything is a big deal to them. They also do not know how to control themselves. Partly because they do not know what is socially acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment