Thursday, May 6, 2010

SweetTooth

I have spent many of my years babysitting. I always loved kids when I was younger and I know how they act. Little boys always get shy when they are around older girls. All of last summer, I ended up watching these two twin boys. They were six years old. Going into the job, I thought they would be a handful. Most people go running when they hear “two six-year-old boys.” On the first day, I realized that they were the most respectful boys I’d ever met. They would get riled up sometimes, but calm down the second I started counting. They would always clean up their mess and everything they ate was healthy.
One day I distinctly remember I went over to their house and we were all eating lunch. While they were eating their all-organic vegan chicken nuggets, I pulled out a fruit roll-up. They looked at me and asked me what it was. I let them try it and you would have thought that they were tasting heaven itself. They were bouncing off the walls for the next three hours. It was probably the most sugar they had ever had. I can understand wanting your children to eat healthy, but I can’t understand depriving them of normal child food. At least give them a treat every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment