Thursday, May 6, 2010

Copycat

Along with my last post, it is also true that children will repeat what you do. Sure, they will say what you say, but they will also do what you do. I remember when I was younger I used to sit in the bathroom and watch my mom do her make-up. Without realizing it, when I got older I did my make-up just as my mother did. Aside from the fact that everyone I know tells me that I look just like my mother, they also tell me that I act like her. Because she raised me without my father for most of my life, I ended up with many of her qualities. On the other hand, I am very sarcastic, just like my father.
My theory is that we all develop into what our peers and parents shape us to be. They are the deciding factors of the people that we are. Children copy their parents. So watch out what you do in front of them because they are an open book.

No comments:

Post a Comment