Thursday, April 29, 2010

Child vs Drunkard

Kids say a lot of things. Some are silly, embarrassing, or just completely ridiculous. Most people do not know why these children say what they say. I, however, have some idea as to why they say these things. My observation is simply...they have no filter. Let's be honest. We all think many things that we do not say aloud. Our brain stops us from saying the things that would confuse or hurt other people. Kids, on the other hand, have no idea what is politically or grammatically correct. We laugh at so many of the things that we say, while in reality, we are thinking the same things half of the time - either consciously or subconsciously.
I know that I am not the only one who thinks about these controversial things. I know this because whenever my friends or family members get drunk around me they start saying the same things that I'm too afraid to say when I am sober. So yes, in a way I am comparing a child's words to that of a drunken person's. They both say things that they are thinking without shame. Then when people scold them for saying these inappropriate things, they have no idea what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment